Thursday 30 September 2010

BMT again

Going back to P. Tekong for BMTC Graduation Parade rehearsal on 29 Sept 10 has never had such an exciting affair with relative to my feelings on Day 1 - enlistment - last year. I actually couldn't really sleep well the night before. Upon reaching the mainland ferry terminal, memories started flashing back effortlessly, as if they were moments of yesterday; everything image remained clearly dotted with much details. Every part of the island, or at least the places I've gone yesterday, I've seen it in a different light. Quality accommodation, million dollar sea view, good food - you name it - but other than the training. Now back again as an LCP, things looked less scary than more than one year ago when the recruits' way of life is to keep going irregardless, don't think.

Probably somehow that's also because cousin Leo's passing out, that made the parade more worthwhile. Saw him at Cookhouse, very familiar sight. But I was too tired to talk, after consecutive hours of playing.

2 Oct, Graduation Parade (formerly Passing out parade 'POP) will be held on Marina Bay Floating Platform. First ever. Will be there for a sound check with 14 mics planted all around, and with that, more occasional pitching mistakes will be slightly more audible. Uh oh..


Repertoire





And finally, Bandstand:



Optional Inspection march: Pride, Discipline & Honour (Favourite inspection piece!!)




I had thought this would be my last moment (or photo) there... who knows I got to be there again, and happily so when so many others dread to enter this so called shutter island. lol. Don't blame me, but seriously BMT is fun, a life's experience and a big School to begin with: where we learnt life's skills.

No comments: